Each of the five winners receives a one-time stipend of $5,000 and a framed citation.
Origin of the Award
In 1990, the University expanded the purview of the Tanner Awards to recognize excellence in the teaching of undergraduates by graduate teaching assistants.
- The nominee must be a graduate teaching assistant in the year in which he or she is nominated.
- Individuals who have won a Tanner award in the last five years are not eligible. Check the list of previous winners to be sure.
- The subcommittee will select five winners.
- The subcommittee should meet before this year’s set deadline to select finalists.
- Interviews should be scheduled with finalists’ department chairs in the fall of 2020.