Each of the four winners receives a one-time stipend of $5,000 and a framed citation.
Origin of the Awards
This award was first given by the University in 1995 to recognize the important role of post-baccalaureate teaching.
- Any teacher of post-baccalaureate students who is a full-time faculty member (tenured and tenure-track) is eligible. This includes teachers in Health Affairs, Academic Affairs and professional schools. Fixed-term faculty members are eligible if they have taught at UNC-Chapel Hill for at least five years. Visiting faculty members are not eligible.
- Nominees must be teaching in the academic year in which they are selected. Faculty members who also teach undergraduate students are eligible.
- Individuals cannot receive this award more than once every five years. Check the list of previous winners to be sure.
- The committee will screen applications and select finalists for further consideration.
- Screening of finalists may include interviews with deans or department chairs, reading of student evaluations, and telephone interviews of randomly selected students.
- The committee will forward its recommendations to the Chancellor.